There are many good reasons why even the smallest of businesses can benefit from a Web presence, but here are five key considerations:
- Visibility: With more and more consumers logging onto the Web to research products and services, if they are going to find your business, your business needs to be on the Web.
- Reach: With a Web site, you are no longer limited to a customer base that is in physical proximity to your shop. Your place of business may be in Boston, but your customers can be in Bangkok.
- Customer service: When customers can log onto your Web site and easily find the information they want-when they want it-their satisfaction increases.
- Competition: A professional looking Web site can level the playing field for smaller companies trying to compete against larger enterprises. It’s also a way to stay in the game; even if people can’t find you on the Web chances are they can find your competitors.
- Credibility: When you can point customers, partners, even potential employees or investors to a Web site, it tells them you are a serious business.
The above points are also significant for individuals who are wanting to share their experiences with the rest of the world, in the form of a blog, or a Facebook page, etc, or associations who want to showcase their reach and help they provide within their community.
Whilst there are many tools available, having your own domain name is the next step in the road to excellence and a sign of respectability. Getting a domain name is not difficult nor expensive, but if you have little expertise or time you may feel intimidated.
I can help you choosing the right domain name for you or your business and guide you through all the steps of registering and maintaining it.